Healthy Meal of the Week: Turkey Sausage Pasta
Healthy Leftover Idea: Mini Pizzas
This healthful meal of the week befell as I became taking walks the grocery aisles searching for meals and I happened to bypass by means of a phase displaying various items to make self-made pizzas. Mmmm, my favored! Interestingly sufficient, there have been these mini pizza crusts already premade needing nothing greater than to feature toppings and to be baked for 8-10 minutes. Simple pizza for 1/three of the value tastes fantastic, and greater healthy too! Each 2/three of a pizza comes out to about 450 calories so how much better can that get whilst you hear the phrase pizza?
Since everyone in all our healthful food of the week gives a leftover idea, and because turkey sausage turned into going for use as one of the pizza toppings, it changed into an easy healthy to combine the greater with vegetable penne pasta. In any case, you could decide which of those meals can be the principle path and that you’d prefer to have for as a lunch leftover for the next day – either will be a high-quality desire.
– 2 pots – big and small
– oven baking sheet (for mini pizzas)
– 10 minutes
– 25 minutes
– 1 package deal lean Turkey Sausages
– 1 container Vegetable Penne Pasta
– 1 small can of sliced olives
– 1 bottle of pasta sauce
– 1-2 huge Portobello mushrooms
– seasonings: garlic powder, salt, and pepper
– olive oil
For Mini Pizzas
– small jar of pizza sauce
– 2 p.C. Of mini pizza crusts
– decreased fats shredded mozzarella cheese
– additional toppings you decide upon
1. Start out with the turkey sausage due to the fact those will be used for each the pasta and the mini pizzas. On a skillet, medium temperature, spray with non-stick spray or coat with a bit of olive oil. Open premade turkey sausages and vicinity them immediately at the skillet as-is. Allow cooking dinner for a few minutes on each aspect then carefully roll them over with a fork. Let every facet cook very well. Total cooking time maybe about 22-24 minutes.
2. Once you get the sausages cooking you can start boiling the water for the pasta. Add a few dashes of pro salt for taste. Once water is boiling add the complete container of vegetable pasta and permit to cook for 10-12 minutes stirring every so often.
3. In a small pot at low temperature add the bottle of pasta sauce. Rinse Portobello mushrooms and slice into portions and add three/four of them together with 3/4 of the sliced olives to the sauce. You can upload a few garlic powder and pepper for taste. Cover and stir every now and then for 10-14 mins.
4. Once turkey sausages are executed cooking, put off from warmness and with a knife carefully slice every into chew sized pieces. 3/four of the sausages can be used for the pasta and the other 1/four for the mini pizzas if you’re making them so preserve that in thoughts.
5. When pasta is finished cooking, do away with from warmness and drain over the sink the use of a colander. Once water is eliminated, return to the pot (no warmth) and stir in the pasta sauce together with three/4 of the sliced turkey sausages.
6. Serve the perfect portion size, garnish with a piece of Parmesan cheese or decreased fats mozzarella cheese if you’d like at the side of a zero-calorie beverage. You can continually serve an inexperienced salad with Italian dressing if you’d like, but attempt to stay far away from breadsticks because with the intention to grow the calorie count number as an alternative fast.
Healthy Leftover Idea: Mini Pizzas
Like formerly stated, I was torn with which meal must be the main route and which for the leftover. Once you are making each of those beauties, you can have the same problem. If your nearby supermarket does not bring mini pizza crusts or something comparable, you could need to both make/bake the dough from scratch or use an opportunity preference like Pillsbury crescents/rolls or complete wheat English cakes and put the pizza toppings on them.
In this example, the whole lot was prepped and equipped to bake in underneath five mins. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly coat each aspect of the mini pizza crust with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Using three-four tablespoons of pizza sauce spread over one entire aspect of the pizza crust. Add a thin layer of shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, then add the sliced olives, diced Portobello mushrooms, and the sliced turkey sausage. Finally, sprinkle a bit extra cheese on pinnacle and vicinity on a baking sheet. Put in the oven for eight-10 mins and while finished, slice and enjoy!